Data Protection Declaration
August 2023 edition
1. Scope of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration describes the measures that have been put in place by KASAG Swiss AG, Hohgantweg 4, 3550 Langnau/Switzerland (called ‘KASAG Swiss AG’ in the following) in order to comply with the data protection requirements specified under Swiss and EU law and other relevant legislation that applies to the collection, storage, utilisation and transfer (‘processing’) of personal data.
Also explained in this declaration is how KASAG Swiss AG processes personal data that has been provided by you through our website or a corresponding application. This declaration applies only to personal data that has been collected by KASAG Swiss AG through such means as websites, email, other online tools and applications.
Applicable are the Swiss legislation on data protection (DSG) and, where appropriate, other relevant stipulations of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. The processing of personal data: form, purpose and utilisation
When you login to our website www.kasag.com, information is temporarily stored in so-called log files on our server. This is information automatically transmitted by the browser of your device, namely:
- Your IP address
- Date and time of your request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Nature of your request (actual page accessed)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transmitted
- Website from which your request originates
- Your browser identification
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of your browser software
This data is processed by us for the following purposes:
Personal data is all information that relates to a specific or identifiable data subject. A data subject is an individual whose personal data is processed. The term ‘processing’ covers all forms of treatment of personal data, irrespective of the means and techniques used; in particular the archiving, disclosure, collection, deletion, storage, modification, destruction and utilisation of personal data.
KASAG Swiss AG processes only such personal data as is necessary to make our online services effective and user-friendly and to ensure that these can be provided over the long term, safely and reliably.
As a general rule, KASAG Swiss AG only processes personal data after receiving the consent of the data subject unless processing is lawful for any other reason, such as the performance of a contract with the data subject, for the purposes of precontractual measures, because this is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, because under the given circumstances processing is necessary and/or after prior provision of notification of processing. In this connection, we specifically process information submitted by a data subject themselves on contacting us - for example by mail, email, our contact form, telephone or through social media - and may store this information in a customer relationship management system (CRM system) or with the help of comparable media.
KASAG Swiss AG only processes personal data for the period it is actually required for the specific purpose or purposes. In circumstances in which we are legally obligated or otherwise required to archive data for longer periods, we will limit the extent of processing accordingly.
KASAG Swiss AG reserves the right to commission third parties, so-called ‘data processors’, including those outside Switzerland, to process data on our behalf. KASAG Swiss AG will ensure that these data processors observe a sufficient level of data protection.
KASAG Swiss AG maintains a presence on social media platforms and other online platforms in order to communicate with its clients and other interested persons and inform these of what we have to offer. In this connection, the General Terms and Conditions (GTCs), data protection declaration and other provisions of the corresponding operators apply.
Legal basis of the processing of personal data
KASAG Swiss AG processes personal data in conformity with the stipulations of Swiss legislation on data protection (DSG) and other relevant data protection laws (e.g. the GDPR).
3. The processing of personal data
KASAG Swiss AG collects and processes personal data of:
- Registered and non-registered visitors to its website
- Contact persons and employees of suppliers, traders, vendors and providers of the products and product components of KASAG Swiss AG
- Clients, purchasers and recipients/beneficiaries of the products and services of KASAG Swiss AG and persons interested in the same, including their contact persons and employees
- Contact persons and employees of business partners, affiliated organisations and other trading and business partners
- Those who participate in market research and opinion surveys undertaken by KASAG Swiss AG
- Those who participate in courses, seminars and other events hosted by KASAG Swiss AG
- Users of the internet connections available in the outlets and other premises of KASAG Swiss AG
(together: ‘business partners’)
All personal data of our business partners is generally directly obtained when they use our website, enquire about or obtain our products or services, provide feedback or reports, participate in market research and other surveys, when asked to contact KASAG Swiss AG or when they directly contact KASAG Swiss AG by email, telephone or by other means.
Data may also be indirectly collected, namely when transactions to the benefit of a business partner are performed or when products/services are supplied to these by another business partner, following a recommendation by third parties (e.g. in response to recommendations provided by acquaintances of the business partner) and in the form of the procurement or purchasing of additional information from third data sources (e.g. social media, address trading firms).
KASAG Swiss AG processes the following categories of personal data:
- Personal data and contact information: this includes, but is not exclusively restricted to; forenames and surnames, mailing addresses, domiciles, telephone numbers, email addresses, ages, dates of birth, genders, marital status, family status, information on any secondary contacts, photos, information on occupations, information on prior business dealings with the persons in question, information on business transactions, enquiries, offers, quotes, conditions and contracts, information on the professional or other interests of the persons in question
- Data relating to supply, sales, ordering and purchasing: this includes, but is not exclusively restricted to, payment information, credit card details and other payment details, invoicing and delivery address, supplied, sold, provided and purchased products and services
- Data relating to the marketing of products and services: this includes, but is not exclusively restricted to, information concerning marketing activities, such as the receipt of newsletters, newsletter opt-ins and opt-outs, documentation received, invitations to and participation in events and special activities, personal preferences and interests etc.
- Data relating to the use of our website: this includes, but is not exclusively restricted to, IP address and other identifiers (e.g. username in the case of social media, MAC address in the case of smartphones or computers, cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects [flash cookies] and other technical media that automatically collect personal data), date and time of a visit to or use of our website, pages and contents viewed, referring websites, etc.
- Data relating to communication: this includes, but is not exclusively restricted to, preferred channel of communication, correspondence, language of correspondence and communication with KASAG Swiss AG (including copies of communications) etc. Any data and information provided to KASAG Swiss AG during telephone or email contacts are treated as strictly confidential. KASAG Swiss AG uses only such data that is necessary to provide for contact by telephone or email.
4. Transfer of data to third parties (including joint controllers and data processors)
If necessary for the purposes of the performance of a contract, your data will be released to our partners (third parties). We have put in place technical and organisational measures to ensure that when we release your data to external service providers, the transfer of this data conforms to the legal requirements for data protection. If you yourself provide us with personal or company-related data, we will not utilise or transfer this data for purposes other than those permitted under law or permitted by the consent you have provided. In addition, we will only transfer your data to external service providers in as far as this is necessary for the purposes of contract performance and assuming these service providers have undertaken to observe the necessary confidentiality and security requirements. We may, in some cases, be required to release your data in order to comply with legal/official requirements or court orders.
We use certain cookies to determine the frequency of use of, number of visitors to and their behaviour on our website, to increase the security of use of our website and to make our provision of information user-friendly. As soon as you log out of our website, these cookies are deleted.
We also use temporary cookies to optimise the user-friendliness of our website and these are stored on your device for a specific, fixed period. When you revisit our website to take advantage of our services, these cookies automatically recognise that you have already visited our website and are able to reproduce the entries and settings you made at that time so that there is no need for you to repeat them.
Please note that you can configure your browser to reject the acceptance of cookies by your device. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can mean that you will not be able to use all the features of our website.
6. Analysis tools
a) Google Analytics
7. Social media plug-ins
We use the following social media plug-ins on our website in order to increase the level of awareness of our organisation. The purposes for which these are used as outlined below represent our legitimate interests, thus providing us with the corresponding permission per the DSG and the GDPR. The corresponding providers of these are responsible for ensuring they conform to data protection requirements. Data processing in connection with these plug-ins when you use these is permitted only with your consent.
If you utilise the services offered by the relevant social networks independently or in connection with the use of our website, the social networks will analyse your use of the plug-ins. In this case, the plug-ins will transmit information to the social network.
Plug-ins of the LinkedIn social network are installed on our website. You will be able to recognise a LinkedIn plug-in (the ‘LinkedIn Recommended’ button) as it displays the LinkedIn logo. When you view a page of our website that contains a plug-in of this kind, a direct connection between your browser and the LinkedIn server is established. As a result, LinkedIn is informed that you, with your IP address, have visited our website. If you click on the LinkedIn button while you are also logged in to your LinkedIn account, contents of our website will be linked to your LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn will then be able to assign your visit to our website to your user account. Please note that we as operator of our website have no knowledge of what data is transmitted or how it is used by LinkedIn. For more information, please go to: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
b) Google Maps
We use Google Maps on our website. For the determination of locations, Google employs various features, such as IP addresses, GPS and other navigation systems that provide Google with information on devices, WLAN access points and mobile phone masts in the vicinity.
8. Information, rectification and erasure
You have the right to request at any time information about the data held about you. For this purpose, please send an email to the address below stating that you wish to be provided with this information. A form of identification will also need to be sent to the same address.
You also have the right to require the erasure or rectification of your data at any time. You have, of course, the right to withdraw at any time the consent you have provided for the use or processing of your personal data with effect for the future. Should you wish to make use of this right, please send a corresponding email to infokasag.com.
We will automatically delete any data that is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected.
Please note in connection with the deletion of data that we may be subject to certain legal provisions that require us to archive data for a certain period. We are obligated to comply with these provisions. If you require us to delete data that is subject to legal archiving provisions, we will make the corresponding data inaccessible in our system and use it only to comply with the legal archiving provisions. Once the required archiving period terminates, your data will be deleted.
9. Your right to object
If your personal data is being processed on the basis of legitimate interests on our part, you have the right to object to the processing of this data on grounds relating to your particular situation, and to object to the use of direct marketing. In the latter instance you have the right to object without the necessity of citing grounds relating to your particular situation.
10. Data security
KASAG Swiss AG will store your data securely and implement all necessary measures to protect your data against loss, unauthorised access, misuse or modification. Our employees and contractual partners who have access to your data are required to enter into contractual obligations to maintain confidentiality and comply with data protection regulations. In some cases, it may be necessary for us to pass on your enquiries to businesses that are affiliated with us. The confidentially of your data will be maintained even in such circumstances.
11. Contact information
This data protection declaration applies to data processing by:
KASAG Swiss AG
Telephone: + 41 34 408 58 58
Contact: Management https://www.kasag.com/en/company/team/
Eidgenössischen Öffentlichkeits- und Datenschutzbeauftrager, EDÖB
12. Validity and updating of this data protection declaration
Updates to this data protection declaration will be published on this website. You thus have the option of learning at any time what data we store and how we collect and process it. Click here to save and/or print this data protection declaration. The latest version of our data protection declaration can be viewed at https://www.kasag.com.